banner contact links home mission news history rates personnel employment quality forms board tips employment employment board employment Board employment employment Board employment employment water sense Board employment employment board employment Board employment employment employment employment  

FAQs for Customer Service

  • Is same day service available if I am signing up for new service?  Yes.  The fees for same day service are as follows:  before 12:00pm $35.00 after 12:00pm $47.00
  • How often should I get a bill?   PWD customers are billed monthly.  Bills should arrive at approximately the same time each month and the due date is the same each month.
  • When will my water be shut off for non-payment?  A 5% penalty is added to the account if monthly bill amount is not paid by the due date. Accounts are subject to disconnection when two bills are past due and the past due amount on the oldest bill is not collected before 8:30am on Lock Day.
  • If my service is disconnected how long does it take to restore service?   Meter technicians lock all meters and then begin the unlock process as payments are received for past due bills and fees.  Payments received in the PWD office between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm will be unlocked the same day.
  • How can I report a leak in a road right of way?  Please call PWD Customer Service at 864-269-5440, option 4 or afterhours dial 864-275-8901.
  • How do I determine my water pressure?Click here for Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Water Pressure; Click here for Water Under Pressure Brochure
  • Where does PWD’S water come from?  Your drinking water originates from three separate suppliers:  Anderson Regional Joint Water System, Easley Combined Utilities, and the Greenville Water System.
  • What is the H2O program? How can I sign up?   The H2O (Help 2 Others) Program was a project developed by the Leadership Anderson Class XXII, a program of the Anderson Chamber of Commerce, to assist Anderson County residents who are in financial need of obtaining drinking water services. As a donor in the H2O Program, each of your water bills will be automatically “rounded up” to the next whole dollar.  Your annual contribution will never be greater than $12.00. PWD customers can enroll in the program by simply checking the appropriate box on the payment stub, signing the form and returning it to our office.
  • Can I get an adjustment on my bill if I have a leak?  PWD has a leak adjustment policy.  Please call the Customer Service Department at 864-269-5440, option 4, for details.
  • If I am the owner, how do I add another authorized name to my account?  click here for form and instructions
  • Who should I call if I need to dig on my property?  You should call Palmetto Utilities Protection Services, Inc.
      Simply dial 811 at least 3 working days prior to digging.  A representative will assist you in getting the utility lines marked on your property.